A few weeks ago, I had got it into my head that making a faux geode in resin/silver/polyclay would be a fun experiment. I don’t think I’m quite there yet, as the glitter I used was a bit too fine (Martha Stewart brand). I did however just receive in the mail a few packets of vintage german glass glitter. The particles on the vintage stuff are much larger, and I think would work out better.
Obviously, I’ve kept my initial experiments to polymer clay. I’ll move on to silver when I think I’ve got it right.
What I find also works best is to keep the surface of the glitter quite rough, and if you can manage hills and valleys – even better.
The initial experiment is a bit on the rough side – but I really do think these have potential. I’ll keep playing 🙂