Torch fired enamel pictures

Here are a couple of pictures as promised last night. Some of these have specs of vermiculite permanently attached as i dropped them into the tin too soon, but other than that, they came out fabulously. I used 1 iron filigree bead from the kit, the rest are copper metal clay, or copper headpins. I’m going to try tumbling the headpins to see how the enamel holds up. Headpins I’ve heard through the painting with fire forums, have a tendency to break. They seem to be fine to me, but we’ll see after a short tumble. The colour possibilities are …

Painting with Fire

Every now and again I get to try out new kits, techniques, or processes. Some, I discover are not for me, or some I enjoy – but I find the process far too time consuming to bother continuing to do. Enameling has long been on my to do list. I even went so far many years ago to pick up an enameling kit. The kit came with all sorts of pieces including sifters, talk of sifting and washing enamels, screens, trivets, and multiple kiln/torch firings. I still do mean to try it out one day, but the whole process seemed …