There are books and the Internet, but sometimes, the best way to learn is to take a class. Nothing beats hands-on learning in a friendly, supportive atmosphere. From basic bead stringing classes to lampworking classes (how to make glass beads) to metal smithing classes, we have a wide variety of classes for all tastes and all levels of experience!
If you would like to take a class, see the the details of classes we’re offering, then call us to reserve your place!
All of our classes are on-line and can be accessed through the monthly calendars on the right-side of the screen. For months not shown in the list, you can click on the latest month shown and scroll down to the subsequent month’s link.
Alternately – if you would like to arrange a private class, contact Pam, our class coordinator and see what she can arrange for you! For instance, she can arrange:
- private beading (including basic jewellery-making techniques and various seed bead techniques) lessons,
- private or group lampworking classes for beginners or specific techniques (Our veteran lampworker, Dwyn Tomlinson (DragonJools), is happy to work with your schedule!)
- private soldering classes
If you have a specific thing you’d like to learn, you might also suggest a class too!
Email Pam@beadfx.com and just ask!
- Amy Waldman
- Angela Peace
- Ann Shewan
- Anne Marie Desaulniers
- BeadFX Staff
- Bonni Poch
- Boris Kolodny
- Carol Cooper
- Carolyn Cave
- Christine Woollacott
- Cindy Goldrick
- Deb Muss
- Deborah Beesley
- Gillian Clarke
- Iris Rogers Melamed
- Jen Rosen
- Jenn Jevons
- Joy Munshower
- Karina Guevin
- Kelly Garland
- Liz Reynolds
- Lucie Lee
- Maria Rypan
- Marilyn Gardiner
- Nadine Foskin
- Pamela Kearns
- Robyn Cornelius
- Sureka Sriharan
- Sylvia Diveky
- Toronto Knitters Guild
Class Registration/Cancellation Policy
- You may register by phone, or in-person at our store.
- Payment or a deposit is required in advance for registration.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be 18 years or older in order to be able to take any of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.
Students get a 15% discount on bead-purchases in the store for some classes.