- This event has passed.
Ancient Artifacts Polymer Clay Pendant
May 5, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pmCdn $60.00 +Kit fee: $12 payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Both ivory and rustic wood effects will be made in this class with Barbara Coalutti; a motif will be chosen from many on offer, and then imprinted into either the ivory or wood. Or both! Then a pendant or pin will be shaped and cut, with a suitably thick backing. Well use stamps, inks, perhaps a paint or two, and all sorts of different tools to give an ancient artifact look.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Polymer Clay
Bring to class: A cord or chain for hanging a pendant, or a pin back for a brooch (the teacher will probably have some spare pin backs); a large bead with a big hole to thread the cord through, for the pendant. The teacher will provide everything else.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.