- This event has passed.
Asian Influence: Paper, Resin & Copper Pendant &/or Brooch
April 19, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $25 payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Make a paper collage and resin pendant &/or brooch, using the lush colours and textures of Japanese paper, combined with hand crafted monoprints, magazine pages, and found papers. Multiple pendants will be made in the class. You will learn paper collage techniques, and how to mix and coat your pendants with Ice Resin. The instructor will also demonstrate the mono-printing process, using a Gelli Arts printing plate. A kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Paper collage on metal. Mixing and pouring resin on a flat surface.
Bring to class: Enthusiasm, a smile, and a sense of humour. Personal, and found papers, if desired. Additional copper blanks will be available for purchase at BeadFX. The resin takes 12 hours to dry, and 72 hours to cure completely. I suggest leaving your pieces to dry overnight, at BeadFX. If that is not possible, please remember to bring along a covered, horizontal surface, for transportation purposes. Its risky, but doable, if youre careful!
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.