- This event has passed.
Boho Lights: Mixed Media Necklace
June 22 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pmCdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $15, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Create a totally unique, multi-strand necklace, using a few simple techniques. You’ll be working with stones, beads, stringing, leather, and chain, to create your one-of-a-kind piece. Other options include paper, enamel, and polymer clay beads. Simple instructions, colour, and texture are all you need! Some of the techniques may be familiar, but the instructor will be taking you in new design directions! Are you ready to play?
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Stringing, leather, chain
Bring to class: Medium beading wire, circle findings, 2 feet of 5 mm flat leather (or faux leather), beads, stones, chain (a minimum of three different elements will be needed). If you wish, you can bring some of these on the day of the class, then shop for the rest, after having a design conversation with the instructor. If you have anything special that you would like to include (say enamel beads, paper beads, vintage, etc.), please bring them along.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.