- This event has passed.
Book Launch: Creating with Components by Marilyn Gardiner
September 29 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Join BeadFX and help celebrate the launch of Marilyn Gardiner’s latest book: Creating with Components. This beautifully presented book is a perfect follow-up to her first book, Modern Chain Mail Jewelry.
Marilyn is one of BeadFX’s long-time instructors and has shared her love of chainmaille to many students over the years.
Date: Saturday, September 29
Time: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Where: BeadFX, 19 Waterman Avenue, Unit 2, Toronto
As an added bonus, Marilyn will be leading Make and Takes for the Orchid Zipper Pull, one the many projects in the book! To register for a make and take session, click here.
Most chain mail project books focus on long chains of traditional chain mail weaves. In Fabulous Chain Mail Jewelry: Creating with Components, noted designer and teacher Marilyn Gardiner offers a fresh, component-based approach to chain mail jewelry.
Marilyn teaches readers to create short segments of chain components and then combine these units with bead links and metal connectors. Readers will also learn to build custom shapes, bails, beads, pendants, and tassels to incorporate into their creations.
The 25+ projects in Marilyn’s newest book use sterling silver, copper, and some colored rings, all in her signature office jewelry” style jewelry women will feel comfortable wearing in any setting. Gardiner also offers design variations for some projects, allowing readers the freedom to make each piece their own.
The projects include familiar weaves, but the emphasis is on the beautiful jewelry readers can create with short segments of chain mail rather than long chains. The book includes clear, easy-to-follow instructions and plenty of photos that will appeal to beginning jewelry makers. Readers with intermediate or advanced chain mail skills will enjoy using their skills in a new, innovative way.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.