- This event has passed.
Capture the Moment: Bead Embroidered Landscape Pendant
September 20, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $20, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Peak flowering times are short, so why not capture the essence of the season, in this beaded format? Use a few bead and hand embroidery stitches, to create your imaginary, flower filled, beaded landscape. Include charms, chain, and dangles, for a one-of-a-kind art piece, that’s sure to be the envy of your family and friends! Each necklace will be an original, and no sketching is required! Fringe & dangles – optional!
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Bead embroidery, hand embroidery, wire wrapped loops, opening and closing jump rings
Bring to class: Enthusiasm, a smile, and a sense of humour. A large, deep, bezel (the shape doesn’t really matter), size 11 and 15 seed beads (Japanese preferred), small flower beads (&/or leaves), and charms. A sewing kit, with all of your favourites, including scissors! Flush cutter, round nose and chain nose pliers (some will be available to share, the day of the class). Additional items will be available for purchase at BeadFX.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.