- This event has passed.
Chain Stitch Beaded Crochet Necklace / Wrap Bracelet
May 30 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $40.00 +Kit fee: $5 with option to buy a crochet hook at cost, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: You may have seen beaded crochet chains on Pinterest – they are very easy to make and very much in step with popular BoHo style. Gillian Clarke will take you through the steps to make a single-strand necklace that doubles as a wrap bracelet.
Once you know the basic method you can get as creative as you like by changing the beads or the cord, making multiple strands and using different clasps.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Bead Crochet (chain stitch)
Bring to class: All items (except crochet hooks) are available at BeadFX
- One colour each of size 8/0 and 8/0 seed beads plus a long bead such as Magatamas or drops.
- Regular weight C-Lon cord in a matching or contrasting colour
- A decorative button for closure
- Small crochet hooks (2mm – 3.5mm). The instructor will have hooks to borrow or purchase.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.