- This event has passed.
Crashing Waves Necklace with visiting instructor Jean Power
May 31 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $175.00
Course outline: Learn how to use geometric beading techniques to create a striking, textured Star pendant which hangs on a CRAW rope (stitch will be taught in class) with matching beaded fastening. The swirling & undulating design on the Star is inspired by crashing waves & sea foam whilst the rope is beaded in sand colours and its shape is inspired by the sand dunes I walk on in Cornwall.
Skill level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Must be comfortable using peyote stitch.
Technique: Geometric peyote
Bring to class: It is recommended that you place an on-line order 2 – 3 weeks in advance of the class for your supplies. You may request pick-up and payment at the time of the class (choose the call back payment option.)
- Beading thread of your choice (not Fireline; you need a thread with more give in it such as Nymo, Miyuki, One G, KO etc)
- Beading needles of your choice
- Magnification if required
- Lunch (coffee and cold drinks will be available)
For the pendant: The blue on the pendant is the cylinder beads and the white swirl is the seed beads
- 6g size 11 Cylinder beads (e.g. Delicas or Aikos)
- 9g size 8 Miyuki seed beads
- 5g size 11 Miyuki seed beads
- 4g size 15 Miyuki seed beads
For the rope:
- 4g size 6 seed beads
- 4g size 8 seed beads
- 12g size 11 seed beads
- 2g size 15 seed beads
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below, but note: No refunds, credits or cancellations will be permitted for any class with a visiting celebrity instructor.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.