- This event has passed.
Felting Two Ways: Nuno Felting and Needle Felting
April 21, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $55.00 +Kit fee: $35, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Spend a day with Cindy Goldrick and Sue Henry and explore how to felt – both wet felting and dry felting! The morning will be spent creating a Nuno felted cuff; in the afternoon, you’ll embellish your cuff and then create a bezelled, felted pendant.
Nuno felting is clean, wet fun! Learn how to paint with wool on silk and customize your work with inclusions such as bits of lace. Then learn how to use beads and other embellishments to enhance your cuff base. Finally, learn how to apply Swarovski snaps to leather and mount your finished nuno felting to your cuff.
Needle felting is dry felting and gives you the opportunity to paint with wool then add embellishments to create a picture that will be cropped and framed by a bezel of your choice.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Felting techniques
Bring to class: Students can bring scissors and any special inclusions or embellishments they might like to add to the project. They can also shop the store for special inclusions or beads that the instructors might not have made available.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.