- This event has passed.
Flat Cellini Carrier bead Bracelet
June 14 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $50.00
Course outline: Using carrier beads is an ideal way to create a beaded bead! Stitch a length of flat peyote, zip it around a carrier bead and – voila! – a perfect beaded bead! But – what if we changed up flat peyote to create flat ‘Cellini’? You then have a beaded bead with form and dimension!
Discover how to do flat Cellini while creating beaded beads. You’ll also see examples of other ways to use this interesting flat peyote technique.
Skill level: Beginner Plus
Prerequisite: Experience with flat even-count is required.
Technique: Flat ‘Cellini’ peyote stitch
Bring to class: Pull from your stash or purchase at BeadFX:
- A sufficient number of Carrier beads for a bracelet
- Size 11/0 Delica beads
- Two coordinating colours of size 11/0 seed beads (not cylinder beads)
- Two coordinating colours of size 8/0 seed beads
- 6lb Fireline
- You will need beading wire, crimps, and findings, or stretchy cord to complete your bracelet
- You may need ‘filler’ beads placed between the carrier beads.
- Magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.