- This event has passed.
Freeform Peyote Bracelet: Design-on-the-fly!
December 2, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $80.00 +Kit fee: $15, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: You’ve learned the rules, and now its time to break them! If you’re interested in playful experimentation, with an intuitive approach to bead weaving, then this is the class for you! Use this design-on-the-fly approach, to make a totally unique, freeform peyote bracelet. This is a great stash buster project! Note: a kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Some knowledge of either even, or odd count peyote would be an asset. However, also suitable for anyone from an enthusiastic beginner (comfortable with working with a needle, thread, and very small beads), to an experienced bead weaver.
Technique: Freeform Peyote
Bring to class: Regular sewing kit, including your favourite needles, and scissors. A thread burner would be an asset, but is not entirely necessary. One large stone bead, that will act as your focal for the project. Using the focal as your guide, choose a selection of different sizes and shapes of seed beads (15, 11, 8, 6, Delicas, etc.), and shaped beads. Don’t forget Firepolish, pearls, small stones, and even a bit of metal. Bring magnification, if required. Bring a lunch or snack; coffee and cold drinks will be available.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.