- This event has passed.
Introduction to Art Clay Silver
November 17, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $150.00
Course outline: This one-day workshop with instructor Jenn Jevons is a primer on all of the basics of the incredible medium of Art Clay Silver. Learn about the different forms of silver clay, proper handling and storing technique as well as cutting, sanding, polishing and finishing. This workshop will focus on three projects; a stamped charm, a pair of textured earrings, and a relief pendant. We will both torch and kiln fire projects in class, and choosing the appropriate method will be thoroughly demonstrated. Materials and supplies for in-class projects plus a starter toolkit are included in the course fee. Art Clay Silver is not included, but is available for purchase at BeadFX. All tools and equipment will be provided. For more information, please visit www.metalclayatelier.ca.
This class is limited to only 6 students to allow lots of personal attention.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Art Clay Silver metal clay
Bring to class:
- 20 – 50 grams of Art Clay silver; the amount needed will be driven by the size of the pieces you wish to make.
- Magnification (reading glasses/optivisor) if required.
- As this is a full day class, please bring a lunch; the class will include a half-hour hour break. Coffee, water and cold drinks will be provided.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Class Cancellation Policy: see details below
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.