- This event has passed.
Introduction to Crochet de Luneville/Tambour Embroidery, Class 1
May 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $105.00
Course outline: Also known as Tambour embroidery in North America, students will learn how to use the traditional tambour hook and how to load the frame. Designer Catherine Sequalino Poitier will teach you how to create the beginning stitch, the chain stitch, how to apply seed beads and sequins in a continuous line, and how to embroider beads or sequins in vermicelli. This technique can create appliques and overlays for jewellery and clothing designs. There are a lot of secrets in haute couture embroidery and Catherine will help you discover them all!
Silk fabric, cotton threads, beads and sequins are included in the class fee, as well as the use of the instructor’s tambour hook and frame.
Skill level: Beginner
Prerequisite: Confidence, patience, perseverance
Technique: The ancestral French technique of Crochet de Luneville
Bring to class: Scissors; magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.