- This event has passed.
Knotted Fibre End Caps
September 23, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $70.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Fiber end-caps present a new and innovative option for finishing jewelry projects and allow for seamless colour designs or for creating amazing colour contrasts. These made-to-measure knotted end-caps work well with standard metal clasps and findings or as a glue-on.
In class, you will learn the knotting techniques and how to change the end-cap size for a perfect fit. You’ll also learn how to make a knotted fiber clasp.
By the end of the class you will have a pair of custom end-caps and will be well prepared to make more.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Cavondoli Knotting
Bring to class: Students should bring small scissors and magnification if needed.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.