Loom Series (3 Weeks)
April 23 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pmCdn $135.00
Course outline: Create a unique loomwoven neckpiece with bead artist Maria Rypan in a supportive atmosphere. This style uses a long wooden loom to enable easier pre-stringing and weaving of your chosen pattern. Learn to weave between pre-strung connectors; then continue loomweaving the pattern at home. Join your loomwork into a swag or a medallion pendant. Finish it off with a fabulous fringe. If you require a 36″ loom, please indicate it at the time of registration.
April 23, week 1: LOOMWORK: Step-by-Step Medallions overview & intro; pre-stringing your loom
April 30, week 2: Learning to loomweave your pattern
May 7, week 3: Finishing: swag or fringed medallion
Series fee of $135 includes choice of one loomwork pattern, twill tape and two 90mm needles for project (Pattern value: $20 to $30). Note: this class will run for three consecutive Tuesdays, 5:30 – 8:30pm each day.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Loomwork (loom weaving)
Bring to class:
- long loom or one which is adjustable to 36″ in length. Custom looms are available from Rypan Designs during the first class for $55. These looms have spring coils set on raised wooden ends and three screws on each side for easy management of warp threads throughout the loom weaving process. If you require a 36″ loom, please indicate it at the time of registration.
- Student must also bring beads and thread to create the project. You’ll be able to purchase these items the first day of your class.
- Magnification if required
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.