- This event has passed.
Netted Wooden Ornament
November 29, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $40.00 +Kit fee: $12, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Here’s jewellery for your Christmas Tree! Learn how to do netting around a wooden ornament that can be hung on a Christmas Tree or on a stand. The class kit will include one pre-painted and varnished wooden ornament in gold, silver or natural. The ornament shown is only a guide – we’ll discuss how you can personalize the pattern!
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Comfort using a needle and thread
Bring to class:
- 1 tube of size 11/0 seed beads – Toho or Miyuki (Czech seed beads are not suitable for this project)
- 1 tube of 2-hole Honeycomb beads (you can also use 2-hole Silky beads)
- 1 tube of SuperDuo beads (or similar such as Diamond Duos or Gem Duos)
- 1 tube of ‘drop’ beads, such as Miyuki drops, Rizo beads, Pip beads, etc.
- Beading thread (Fireline is too stiff)
- Beading needle
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.