- This event has passed.
Petite History Cuff
February 24 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $80.00 +Kit fee: $25, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: First Nation’s instructor Naomi Smith will help you create a beautifully detailed raised beaded cuff bracelet featuring an older traditional Woodlands Native motif using micro seed beads to create an intricate-looking design. This design looks wonderful worn alone or stacked with other cuffs. Width of cuff is 1/2″ wide. Workshop participants will learn how to use deer hide to create a fabulous and elegant cuff closure. Traditional Native teachings will be part of the learning experience. Note: the cuff blank will measure 7.5″ in length. If you require a shorter length or a longer length, please advise at the the time of registration. The style of closure will accommodate various wrist sizes.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Participants should be comfortable with hand sewing. This project requires the use of size 15/0 Japanese seed beads so it will be necessary to have the eye sight or magnifiers to complete the project.
Technique: Various bead embroidery and edging techniques using micro seed beads (15/0 Japanese)
Bring to class: Basic sewing kit consisting of: small scissors, magnifier (if needed), deer hide thimble, pen and notebook. Size 15/0 seed beads in AB clear and white (Japanese; 1 tube of each); size 10/0 in opaque white (hank of Czech or 1 tube of 11/0 Japanese)
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.