- This event has passed.
Peyote Boot Camp: Even-Count Peyote
May 9 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $45.00 - Cdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $25, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Peyote stitch creates an amazing fabric of beads using only beads, a needle and thread. If you have been intimidated by peyote stitch in the past or are a first-time peyote learner, this class is for you! It is also an excellent class if you need a refresher or need to learn the stitch to take one of Jean Powers’s upcoming classes.
This four-hour class with Pamela Kearns will begin by using large cylinder beads, giving you the chance to learn the stitch before progressing to smaller size 11 delica beads. Along the way, you’ll learn how to read peyote patterns.
The class project will be to create little beaded beads that you can use as earrings or as focal beads. As part of the kit fee, you’ll receive two wooden cubes, access to some delica beads, and several patterns that will fit around the cubes. Colour choices will be available. A kit is required; see details below
Make your learning complete by taking the Peyote Boot Camp: Odd-Count Peyote on May 23. Save $5 on each class; you must register for both classes at the same time.
Skill level: Beginner
Prerequisite: Experience with seed beading or working with a needle and thread will be beneficial but not required.
Technique: Even-count Peyote, how to read peyote pattern, how to zip up peyote to create tubes
Bring to class: Magnification if required; size 10 or 11 beading needle; scissors
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.