- This event has passed.
Peyote Boot Camp: Even Count Peyote Holiday Edition
November 4, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pmCdn $45 - Cdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Peyote stitch creates an amazing fabric of beads using only beads, a needle and thread. If you have been intimidated by peyote stitch in the past or are a first-time peyote learner, this class is for you! The class will be limited to 6 students so that each student can receive as much attention as possible.
This four-hour class with Pamela Kearns will begin by using large cylinder beads, giving you the chance to learn the stitch before progressing to smaller size 11 delica beads. Along the way, you’ll learn how to read peyote patterns.
The class project will be to start a holiday-inspired bracelet and several patterns will be included in the written instructions. You will need to purchase the materials needed for the bracelet (thread, size 11/0 Delica beads, beading needle and clasp).
Make your learning complete by taking the Peyote Boot Camp: Odd-Count Peyote on November 18. Save $5 on each class; you must register for both classes at the same time.
Skill level: Beginner
Prerequisite: Experience with seed beading or working with a needle and thread will be beneficial but not required.
Technique: Even-count Peyote, how to read peyote pattern, how to create bracelet ends and attach a clasp.
Bring to class: Magnification if required; size 10 or 11 beading needle; scissors; beading thread of choice (Miyuki or Toho threads are recommended). You will need to purchase your own delica beads and findings to complete your bracelet.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.