Peyote Boot Camp: Using 2-Hole Beads
March 10 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pmCdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Learning to use 2-hole beads opens up your beading horizons! In this class you will learn how to do peyote using 2-Hole beads, such as Diamond Duos, Silky beads or SuperDuos. Students will see examples the stitch using different beads and learn about considerations for each bead type. Don’t worry if you haven’t worked with the peyote stitch before – you won’t have a problem! This class will cover even and odd-count turns using the two-hole beads. It will not focus on creating or reading patterns.
The class will be technique driven and all the materials you need to learn the technique, with written instructions, will be included in the class fee. You will then apply the technique to a bracelet project using two-hole beads of your choice. Any materials needed for the projects will be your responsibility to purchase but are readily available at BeadFX.
Skill level: Beginner
Prerequisite: Experience with flat peyote will be an asset but not required
Technique: Peyote stitch using 2-hole beads
Bring to class: Students will need to purchase their own beads and findings for their projects as well as needles and thread/Fireline.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.