- This event has passed.
Peyote Star Ornament
November 15 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $40.00 +Kit fee: $5, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: These cheerful and bright 3D star ornaments use large size 6/0 seed beads, so they work up much faster than most peyote stitch projects. Crystal rondelles at the tips add seasonal bling!
Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
Prerequisite: Familiarity with peyote stitch and peyote triangles would be helpful.
Technique: Beadweaving – Peyote stitch warped squares
Bring to class:
- Three colours of size 6/0 seed beads (Toho or Miyuki), one tube of each. You can buy these in the store just before class, or bring your own. Silver-lined colours work well for this project.
- 8lb Fireline and a needle.
- Please bring any magnification you typically need for beading.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.