- This event has passed.
Peyote Triangle Kaleidocycle
April 5 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $40.00
Course outline: This fun and mind-expanding project takes beading to a new level, not a fun piece of jewellery, but your own beaded fidget toy!
This class session will focus on assembling 24 triangles (that you’ve made prior to class) to create the Kaleidocycle and how and where to add the point rows and hinges for assembly.
The 24 triangles that you bring to class need to be four sets of six triangles, all with the working threads still attached (you can weave in and trim the tail threads) and created using 6lb Fireline. You can include your own designs on the triangles or simply divide them by colour. Do not add the point rows to them as not all of the triangles will require them. In addition to the triangles, please bring a beading needle and the Delica beads that you used in the designs for the hinges.
If you wish to learn how to create flat triangles, check out Pamela Kearns’ Peyote Boot Camp: Triangular Peyote class on March 15. Note that neither the instructions for creating triangles nor the time needed to create the triangles will be part of the Kaleidocycle class.
Skill level: Intermediate; you must understand how peyote triangles zip together.
Prerequisite: A good understanding and knowledge of peyote stitch.
Technique: Peyote stitch, herringbone increases and zipping.
Bring to class:
- 24 peyote triangles, 10 beads per side, with a good length of working thread still attached (you can bury and trim the tail thread), divided into four sets of six triangles. Do not add the point row to the triangles; not all of them will require a point row.
- size 11/0 Delica beads that were used in the triangles; you will choose the beads for the hinges from those colours
- beading needle to go through size 11/0 Delica beads
- 6lb Fireline
- sharp scissors to cut Fireline
- magnification if required
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.