August 8 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $40.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Discover how to create these delightful little components using brick stitch with Pamela Kearns! Newbies to brick stitch will love how quickly components work up. If you already know brick stitch, you’ll discover the secret of starting on the outside of a bead. Either way, you’ll have a substantial yet stylish bracelet. You’ll also see how to create a matching pair of earrings! Written and illustrated instructions are included in the class fee as well as optional French wire for another finishing option.
Skill level: All levels
Technique: Brick stitch
Bring to class:
- 8 – 9 12mm beads or pearls (sample uses 12mm Swarovski pearls)
- Two colours of size 8/0 seed beads
- One colour of size 11/0 seed beads
- 6lb or 8lb Fireline
- Beading needle of choice
- Clasp of choice with findings
- Scissors to cut Fireline
- Magnification if required
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.