- This event has passed.
Resin: A Mixed-up Media Approach
March 18, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmCdn $70.00 +Kit fee: $25.00, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Fill your resin toolbox, with a mixed melange of techniques, that includes different colouring agents, collage, mixed media, wire and experiments with both paper and botanicals (dried leaves, feathers and flowers). Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will also demonstrate Iced Enamels and Pebeo Fantasy Paints. Beyond the basics, but designed to appeal to all levels!
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Experience with resin is an asset, but definitely not a requirement
Technique: Adding botanicals, collage and mixed media techniques to resin.
Bring to class: Enthusiasm, a smile, and a sense of humour. Dried flowers and leaves (either dried in a book, or in silica); bezels, charms, collage papers (including old letters) and inclusions. Note: BeadFX has a large supply of bezels, and you will be given plenty of time to shop! If adding botanicals, they will need to be completely dry!
Registration and Class Cancellation Policy: see details below
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.