Seed Beading Boot Camp: Beading on a Loom
June 13 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $50.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Beading has been done on looms by several cultures and the myriad of designs reflect a wide range of customs. There are many looms to choose from, depending on what you want to do. Join Pamela Kearns to explore the various looms and their benefits – and drawbacks. We will also looks at the various ways to finish off loomwork and attach a clasp.
The class will be technique driven. Handouts will include various patterns and you may bring and use your own loomwork pattern if you wish. You will need to purchase beads, thread, and findings to finish your piece. It is recommended that you use size 8/0 or size 6/0 beads so that you can finish the piece in class. The class will be limited to six students so that everyone gets individual attention.
Technique: Beading on a Loom
Bring to class: A beading loom of your choice (the Jewel Loom is a good option for bracelets), seed beads, a bobbin of TOHO beading thread; findings and a clasp. The instructor will provide a needle. The Clover mini-loom is not appropriate for this class.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.