- This event has passed.
Seed Beading Boot Camp: Tubular Herringbone
November 8, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $50.00
Course outline: Tubular herringbone makes fantastic ropes that are slinky and easy to wear. As with flat herringbone, you can do tubular herringbone using regular and 2-hole seed beads – change the beads and you change the look. Students will also learn how to make their designs spiral for a completely different effect. We’ll also look at how to create an invisible join so that you don’t need to use a clasp. Projects will include a necklace rope and two bracelets.
As with my other boot camp classes, this class will be technique driven and all the materials you need to learn the technique, with written instructions, will be included in the class fee. You will then apply the technique to one of several projects that will be available or you may design your own project with my help. Any materials needed for the projects will be your responsibility to purchase but are readily available at BeadFX and you can use your student discount to purchase them.
Skill level: Beginner Plus/Intermediate
Prerequisite: Knowing flat herringbone will be beneficial.
Technique: Tubular Herringbone, straight and spiraling, using different shapes and sizes of beads
Bring to class: Scissors, magnification if required. You will also need to purchase your own beads, thread and clasp for the projects.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.