- This event has passed.
Stitch Bits II: Exploring the Zen of Fibre, Thread and Beads – Embellishment only!
August 19, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pmCdn $35.00 +Kit fee: $10, payable to the instructor, if using her supplies.
Course outline: This session is a continuation of the class, held on Thursday, May 17 and intended only for those students that already took that class. Other interested students should sign up for the full class, that starts at 11:30 am. Click here to go to the full-day Stitch Bits class. You will be joining the full-day class, already in progress.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Must have taken the May 17 Stitch Bits class.
Technique: Continuation of a relaxing, meditative approach to simple hand, and bead embroidery.
Bring to class: Bring along your completed Stitch Bits from the previous class, and we will work on the embroidery and beading aspects. If you want to make new Stitch Bits during class time, then I suggest that you sign up for the full class that starts at 11:30 am.
Scissors, plus any fibres, trims, and embellishments that you would like to use to personalize your piece(s). Some papers would also be suitable, but they should not be too fragile. Used teabags (dried, and with the leaves removed), watercolour, Japanese, Nepalese, or Korean papers, would be suitable. Anything vintage would be fabulous on these pieces, so think of lace, tatting, hankies, and teacloths.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.