- This event has passed.
Traditional Pearl Knotting
April 26 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $47.00
Course outline: Learn how to confidently tie those tiny silk knots between pearls and beads with Angela Peace, and how to attach a clasp using the professional French Wire method. The skills learned in this class can be applied to other stringing and related projects. These techniques are a must for jewelry designers. Illustrated instructions are included in the class fee.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Pearl Knotting and Attaching a clasp using French Wire
Bring to class: All items can be purchased at the store prior to class and the instructor will be there 1/2 hour prior to the class to assist you if needed.
- one strand of 6, 7, or 8 mm round, near-round, or potato pearls
- clasp (non-toggle type)
- Griffin silk pack appropriate to hole size in pearl/bead
- French wire
- pointed tweezers
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.