- This event has passed.
UFO 2 Go: Intensive Support for Intuitive Bead Embroidery, Freeform Peyote & Hand Stitching
April 11 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmCdn $40.00 +Kit fee: $5, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Has your mojo left the building? Have you run out of ideas, are stuck, not inspired, need a little help to finish your project, or start another one? What if a bunch of us got together, and supported each other on a one-to-one basis? I will be there to answer any questions, give you a jump start, and/or remind you of some of the stitches you’ve already forgotten. There’s no shame in UFOs! We all have them, and some of us (myself included) just need a little quiet time and inspiration to finish off our projects. Please note: this is a support class, and not a teaching class. I will be taking cues from each of your UFOs, coaching, and helping you to design your own solutions.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: You must have previously taken one of my freeform peyote, bead embroidery, and/or stitch classes.
Technique: A follow-up support program for students of my previous classes in the above subjects.
Bring to class: Your UFO project, new project &/or idea. Regular sewing kit, including scissors, your favourite beading & embroidery needles and thread (included in the kit, but some have favourites). Bring magnification, if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.