Working with cement and making your own molds
June 8 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pmCdn $60.00 +Kit fee: $20, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
Course outline: Discover the versatility of cement for jewellery! In this class with Ann Shewan you will focus on making your own molds to be used with cement. Each mold is used once, creating a pendent that will be uniquely yours. We will start by talking about the different types of cement, where to buy it, tips on getting a good pour, different materials to use to add colour, curing times and finishing your pendants. The kit fee will include two different types of cement, materials to make your molds, products to add colour, findings and cording to finish your pendants. Note: a kit is required; see details below.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Working with cement, making your own molds
Bring to class: Creativity and enthusiasm. Magnification, if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.