Events for February 17, 2018
Course outline: You love gems and stones and have lots of ideas on how to use them - now learn how to cut them yourself with the expertise of artist and instructor Boris Kolodny! This one-day introductory class will teach you how to cut a shape from a 'rough' slab and then grind it to a beautiful flat back cabochon that you can use in your own designs. You'll learn how orientate the cabochon for best color, pattern, or orientation, and to try to cut around any fracture lines or flaws in the stone. You'll then take the rough shape …Find out more »
Course outline: You've learned the rules, and now its time to break them! If you're interested in playful experimentation, with an intuitive approach to bead weaving, then this is the class for you! Use this design-on-the-fly approach, to make a totally unique, freeform peyote bracelet. This is a great stash buster project! Note: a kit is required; see details below. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Some knowledge of either even, or odd count peyote would be an asset. However, also suitable for anyone from an enthusiastic beginner (comfortable with working with a needle, thread, and very small beads), to an …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.