Events for March 18, 2018
Course outline: Fill your resin toolbox, with a mixed melange of techniques, that includes different colouring agents, collage, mixed media, wire and experiments with both paper and botanicals (dried leaves, feathers and flowers). Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will also demonstrate Iced Enamels and Pebeo Fantasy Paints. Beyond the basics, but designed to appeal to all levels! Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Experience with resin is an asset, but definitely not a requirement Technique: Adding botanicals, collage and mixed media techniques to resin. Bring to class: Enthusiasm, a smile, and a sense of humour. Dried flowers and leaves (either dried in …Find out more »
Course outline: Under the guidance of Angela Peace, you'll learn three different cord styles chosen to coordinate with all of your jewellery designs. Learn the classic 2 strand twisted cord with self-loop and button knot closure, plus a four stand plaited cord and a 6 strand herringbone design. These cord styles can easily be personalized by using a variety of fibers and cord diameters. And for those times when a beaded cord is required, the 4 and 6 strand can be made with small beads. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Fiber Arts, Knotting Bring to class: one bobbin of …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.