Events for March 22, 2018
Do you have questions about a beading project? Are you looking for inspiration or creative input? Or would you just like some company while you bead? Share your passion with other like-minded folks. Why not drop by an Afternoon Bead Tea at BeadFX? Pamela Kearns will be in the classroom 1:00 - 3:00pm every Thursday to answer questions and give advice. Come and work on your project in a convivial atmosphere. As an added bonus, you will be the first to see - and purchase - the new weekly products! Calling in advance to reserve a seat is highly recommended …Find out more »
Course outline: Do you want to create jewellery for yourself but have no idea where to start? Join Pamela Kearns for this 'newbie' course and discover just how easy creating jewellery can be. Participants will be able to create up to three of pairs of earrings and a bracelet. You'll learn how to use headpins, open and close jump rings, create wrapped and simple loops, and discover how to use crimps. You'll also learn about what tools you'll need to start with and which ones you might want later. This class will feature lots of demos and personal interaction. This …Find out more »
Course outline: Use the magic of Pebeo Fantasy paints, to create unique jewellery components. Colour therapy at its finest!!! Explore applying to other surfaces, as we take a journey with this unique medium. Pigment properties, colouring and finishing techniques will be discussed. Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will demonstrate the mixing and application of Ice Resin, to finish your pendant/bezel. Think of this as an exploration of possibilities! Note: This is an oil-based product, so will need to be used in a well-ventilated area. There is a 72-hour drying time, so you should be prepared to either carry your piece home, …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.