Events for April 19, 2018
Do you have questions about a beading project? Are you looking for inspiration or creative input? Or would you just like some company while you bead? Share your passion with other like-minded folks. Why not drop by an Afternoon Bead Tea at BeadFX? Pamela Kearns will be in the classroom 1:00 - 3:00pm every Thursday to answer questions and give advice. Come and work on your project in a convivial atmosphere. As an added bonus, you will be the first to see - and purchase - the new weekly products! Calling in advance to reserve a seat is highly recommended …Find out more »
Course outline: Brick stitch is an off-loom, in-hand stitch that you can use in a multitude of ways. You will learn how to start brick stitch from a ladder stitch start as well as how to start it from an object like a metal link; how to increase and decrease with brick stitch. The class will be technique driven and all the materials you need to learn the technique, with written instructions, will be included in the class fee. You will then apply the technique to one of several projects that will be available or you may design your own …Find out more »
Course outline: Make a paper collage and resin pendant &/or brooch, using the lush colours and textures of Japanese paper, combined with hand crafted monoprints, magazine pages, and found papers. Multiple pendants will be made in the class. You will learn paper collage techniques, and how to mix and coat your pendants with Ice Resin. The instructor will also demonstrate the mono-printing process, using a Gelli Arts printing plate. A kit is required; see details below. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Paper collage on metal. Mixing and pouring resin on a flat surface. Bring to class: Enthusiasm, a …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.