Events for May 5, 2018
You're invited to Canada's newest jewellery-making retreat! Bead-Treat May 4, 5, 6, 2018 Treat yourself to a weekend of fun, creativity and learning. You'll learn three original designs focusing on three exciting jewellery-making techniques: chainmaille, geometric peyote, and Cavandoli tapestry knotting. You'll be the first to learn these never-taught-before designs from three established and creative designers/instructors in the comfort of Fanshawe College in London, Ontario. BeadFX is Bead-Treat's presenting sponsor and organizer of the weekend event. Bead-Treat is being held in conjunction with Pin it Canada, a consumer trade show that is expected to feature over 80 booths filled with …Find out more »
BeadFX is on the road to London, Ontario! We are proud to be part of a newly-organized consumer show: Pin-It Canada! This creative-focused show will feature over?80 booths?filled with creative art supplies including: Painting, Mixed Media, Scrapbooking, DIY, Beading & Jewellery, Fibre Arts, new products, hands-on experiences and much more. BeadFX will be bringing a wide selection of merchandise and jewellery-making supplies including beads, stones, findings. We also have Bead-Treat classes happening at the same time. For more information about Bead-Treat, click here. For more information about Pin-It Canada and to purchase entry tickets, click here.Find out more »
Course outline: Both ivory and rustic wood effects will be made in this class with Barbara Coalutti; a motif will be chosen from many on offer, and then imprinted into either the ivory or wood. Or both! Then a pendant or pin will be shaped and cut, with a suitably thick backing. Well use stamps, inks, perhaps a paint or two, and all sorts of different tools to give an ancient artifact look. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Polymer Clay Bring to class: A cord or chain for hanging a pendant, or a pin back for a brooch (the …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.