Events for September 28, 2018
Course outline: Lampworker extraordinaire Astrid Riedel will guide you through the art of adding enamels to your beads and how to draw with stringers. This intermediate level class will teach when and where to head the glass when using stringers and how to pull hair-fine stringers to draw with. Astrid will also share the secrets of how to draw straight lines and curved lines with stringers. You will also learn how to 'paint' in the flame of the torch using powdered enamels to transform your beads into works of art. Skill level: Intermediate Prerequisite: Must know how to lampwork. Technique: …Find out more »
Course outline: This class with Artisan and Educator Naomi Smith is a wonderful introduction into indigenous raised beading techniques to a beautiful embossed beaded poppy. The poppy can be worn as a pin or as a neck piece. A unique construction method with be part of the learning experience. This is a two-day class and will take place Friday September 28, 5:00 to 9:00pm, and Saturday September 29, 9:30am to 4:30pm. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Comfort with hand sewing is an asset. Technique: Participants will learn how to create beaded poopy using embossed or raised beading techniques. Working with …Find out more »
We are thrilled to have Astrid Riedel join us for two inspiring classes! Drop by and say Hi to Astrid at BeadFX! When: Friday, September 28 When: 6:00 - 7:30pm Astrid will bring a selection of beads for show and sale. All are welcome to this free event! Refreshments will be served. It is not necessary to RSVP for this event.Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.