Events for September 29, 2018
Course outline: Learn to create beads with Astrid Riedel like you've never seen! Using the Mokumegane/Battuto technique, students will create elaborate, layered and textured beads. Day 1, students will be walked through the steps to create multi layered cane, lentil shaped beads, and layering techniques using enamels and shards. Then on the second day, you'll learn to cold work, polish and add final details to your beads such as stringer, murrini and more. You won't believe what you can create using this jaw dropping technique! Skill level: Intermediate Prerequisite: Must know how to lampwork Technique: Lampworking/Flameworking Bring to class: A …Find out more »
Join BeadFX and help celebrate the launch of Marilyn Gardiner's latest book: Creating with Components. This beautifully presented book is a perfect follow-up to her first book, Modern Chain Mail Jewelry. Marilyn is one of BeadFX's long-time instructors and has shared her love of chainmaille to many students over the years. Date: Saturday, September 29 Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm Where: BeadFX, 19 Waterman Avenue, Unit 2, Toronto As an added bonus, Marilyn will be leading Make and Takes for the Orchid Zipper Pull, one the many projects in the book! To register for a make and take session, click here. …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.