Events for October 7, 2017 › Class
Course outline: You love gems and stones and have lots of ideas on how to use them - now learn how to cut them yourself with the expertise of artist and instructor Boris Kolodny! This one-day introductory class will teach you how to cut a shape from a 'rough' slab and then grind it to a beautiful flat back cabochon that you can use in your own designs. You'll learn how orientate the cabochon for best color, pattern, or orientation, and to try to cut around any fracture lines or flaws in the stone. You'll then take the rough shape …Find out more »
Course outline: Led by First Nations instructor Naomi Smith, you will create a floral design using the ages old Native moosehair tufting technique. The design will be further enhanced with embossed beadwork and edging techniques to create a functional and unique piece of wearable art. Decorated Medallions have served as a staple in Native American dress for many years. They are a celebrated way to showcase ones creative talents. I invite everyone to be part of this living tradition. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Comfort with hand sewing an asset Technique: Introductory Moosehair tufting & embossed beading techniques and edging …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment or a deposit is required in advance for registration.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be 18 years or older in order to be able to take any of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.