Events for October 25, 2018 › Class
Course outline: Do you want to create jewellery for yourself but have no idea where to start? Join Pamela Kearns for this 'newbie' course and discover just how easy creating jewellery can be. Participants will be able to create up to three of pairs of earrings and a bracelet. You'll learn how to use headpins, open and close jump rings, create wrapped and simple loops, and discover how to use crimps. You'll also learn about what tools you'll need to start with and which ones you might want later. This class will feature lots of demos and personal interaction. This …Find out more »
Course outline: A fast and easy, mixed media technique, for turning metal washers, into fabulous gifts! It's low-tech, easy, with a fairly inexpensive base. Metal washers are readily available, as they can be sourced from hardware stores, or even better, stolen from your husband! If you're looking for the unusual, with a huge impact, then this is the class for you! I'll teach you how to work with the paints, Alcohol Inks, Vintag Patinas and Iced Enamels, then demo how to wire wrap the connectors (don't worry, I'll let you practise on a few beads), and add the final coating …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.