Events for October 5, 2017 › Seed Beading
Course outline: Designer and instructor Catherine Sequalino Poitier will lead you through the history and the basics of 'Crochet de Luneville' - the style of embroidery featured in haute couture and other high-end fashion designs. Also known as 'tambour embroidery' in North America, students will learn how to use the traditional Luneville hook and how to load the frame. You will also learn how to create the beginning stitch, the chain stitch, the barring stitch and how to apply size 10 and 11 seed beads. The class fee includes the use of the use of the instructor's hooks and frames …Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment or a deposit is required in advance for registration.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be 18 years or older in order to be able to take any of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.