Course outline: Learn the two silk strand, no tool method, for tying perfect knots between beads or pearls and how to attach a clasp using the professional French wire method. Both techniques can be applied to many stringing projects and are a must for the tool box. Note: a kit is required; see details below. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Pearl knotting with two strands of silk Bring to class: I will be at the store from 11:00am to…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn the fundamental skills and techniques of soutache braid embroidery with Angela Peace and gain confidence to design and make your own pieces. Saturday morning will be spent discovering how to handle and stitch the soutache braid while learning to make two basic modules with added beads. The afternoon will cover more basic units in addition to spirals, and adding layers. These will be taught while you design your own focal piece. The class will also cover working…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.