Course outline: Learn the traditional Japanese Kongah-Gumi (spiral braid) with Angela Peace and discover how to create pattern with fiber and beads. This techniques class will cover the basic 8 strand braid with both S and Z spirals and how to progress to 12, and 16, strand braids. The discussion will also cover fiber choices, tension, patterns, set up and problem solving. Lots of practice time too. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Kumihimo braiding Bring to class: Kumihimo foam…Find out more »
Course outline: Angela Peace will take you beyond the 8 strand spiral braid and you'll learn three new distinct Kumihimo braids. The class includes a box braid, a waves braid and an S-Z reversing spiral braid all made with micro-thread warps. These threads mimic traditional braiding silk and have a luxurious feel. As with other braids, these new braids can easily be used in the future with fibres of your choice. Skill level: Intermediate Prerequisite: Must know how to braid…Find out more »
Course outline: Angela Peace will show you how fiber end-caps will present a new and innovative option for finishing jewelry projects or kumihimo braids and allow for seamless colour designs or amazing colour contrasts. These made to measure knotted end-caps work well with standard metal clasps and findings or as a glue on. In class, you will learn the knotting techniques and how to change the end-cap size for a perfect fit. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Cavandoli knotting…Find out more »
Course outline: Join Angela Peace and learn to make fibre beads to add interest, detail and texture to your designs. During the class you will work with a variety of fibres to create coordinated graduated beads in select colourways. These beads are soft to the touch, and made completely from fibre. Note: a kit is required; see details below. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Fibre Arts Bring to class: Small scissors; magnification if required. Of special note: the class…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn how to confidently tie those tiny silk knots between pearls and beads with Angela Peace, and how to attach a clasp using the professional French Wire method. The skills learned in this class can be applied to other stringing and related projects. These techniques are a must for jewelry designers. Illustrated instructions are included in the class fee. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Pearl Knotting and Attaching a clasp using French Wire Bring to class: All…Find out more »
Course outline: Join Angela Peace and learn how to design and knot fibre tension settings for regular and irregular shape cabochons and beads and how to finish with a hidden or loop type bail. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Micro-Macrame Bring to class: large flat stone bead or cabochon one skein of cotton embroidery thread in a colour to coordinate with the stone. (please save black and dark colours for future projects) scissors magnification if required Of special note:…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.