Course outline: Angela Peace will teach you how to confidently tie those tiny silk knots between pearls and how to attach a clasp using the professional French wire method. The skills learned in this class can be applied to other stringing and related projects. These techniques are a must for jewelry designers. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Pearl Knotting and Attaching a clasp using French Wire Bring to class: (you can use your 15% Student Discount to purchase your…Find out more »
Course outline: The Pan Chang knot is one of the most recognizable of all the Chinese knots. With an intricate woven body, the knot creates symmetry and a solid foundation suitable for jewellery design. In this class with Angela Peace, you will learn to tie the long Pan Chang, the Classic Pan Chang, the Butterfly Pan Chang and the Double Button Knot. Techniques for cord making will also be covered as you learn how to use these knots in your…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn how to make micro-thread warps that imitate the silk warps used in traditional kumihimo with Angela Peace. Techniques for attaching the 8 warps to the kumihimo disk, and managing the fine threads without tangles are all part of the process. After the Kumihimo disk is set up, you will work on a box style braid that is well suited to multi-strand warps and which can be used as a pendant neck cord or wrap bracelet. Skills learned…Find out more »
Course outline: Create a fabulous pair of swing earrings with Angela Peace! Learn the basic knots, and how to use them with an armature (frame) to create a stable fiber shape. This class will focus on creating the square shape using a herring bone knotting pattern and fabricating it into a pair of swing earrings. Lots of colour options. Note: a kit is required; see details below. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: None; should be comfortable working with small components and…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment or a deposit is required in advance for registration.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be 18 years or older in order to be able to take any of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.