Course outline: Under the guidance of Angela Peace, you'll learn three different cord styles chosen to coordinate with all of your jewellery designs. Learn the classic 2 strand twisted cord with self-loop and button knot closure, plus a four stand plaited cord and a 6 strand herringbone design. These cord styles can easily be personalized by using a variety of fibers and cord diameters. And for those times when a beaded cord is required, the 4 and 6 strand can…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn the traditional Japanese Kongah Gumi (spiral braid) and how to use it to create pattern with fiber and beads. This is a two-day class and will take place Friday, April 20, 6 - 9pm; and Saturday, April 21, 11am - 4pm. Friday night's class will cover the basic 8 strand braiding with both S and Z twists and how to evolve it into a 12, and 16, strand braid. The discussion will also cover fiber choices, tension,…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn the fundamental skills and techniques of soutache braid embroidery with Angela Peace and gain confidence to design and make your own pieces. Saturday morning will be spent discovering how to handle and stitch the soutache braid while learning to make two basic modules with added beads. The afternoon will cover more basic units in addition to spirals, and adding layers. These will be taught while you design your own focal piece. The class will also cover working…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.