Course outline: Learn the fundamental skills and techniques of soutache braid embroidery with Angela Peace and gain confidence to design and make your own pieces. Friday evening will be spent discovering how to handle and stitch the soutache braid while learning to make two basic modules with added beads. Saturday's class will cover more basic units in addition to spirals, and adding layers. These will be taught while you design your own focal piece. The class will also cover working…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn with Angela Peace how to tie and how to use some of the basic Chinese knots in your jewellery designs. The class covers the single and double button knots, coin knots, and plafond decorative knots and snake, flat and multicoloured button knots cord making techniques. Learning how to combine the knots with beads and pendants in design options will be a strong component of the class. In the latter part of the class you will design and…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn how to make micro-thread warps that imitate the silk warps used in traditional kumihimo with Angela Peace. Techniques for attaching the 8 warps to the kumihimo disk, and managing the fine threads without tangles are all part of the process. After the Kumihimo disk is set up, you will work on a box style braid that is well suited to multi-strand warps and which can be used as a pendant neck cord or wrap bracelet. Skills learned…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment or a deposit is required in advance for registration.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be 18 years or older in order to be able to take any of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.