Course outline: Learn how to make micro-thread warps that imitate the silk warps used in traditional kumihimo with Angela Peace. Techniques for attaching the 8 warps to the kumihimo disk, and managing the fine threads without tangles are all part of the process. After the Kumihimo disk is set up, you will work on a box style braid that is well suited to multi-strand warps and which can be used as a pendant neck cord or wrap bracelet. Skills learned…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn how to knot a tension style setting for a bead or cabochon. This technique works for both regular and irregular shapes and includes a self-hidden bail that can be used to attach a neck cord or brooch fastener. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Micro-knotting Bring to class: Large cabochon or flat bead, a spool of C-Lon bead cord in colour to match, scissors, and magnification if required. Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn to knot the classic 2-strand twisted cord with self loop and button knot closure. This is a must-have neck cord style for your pendant wardrobe. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Chinese knotting Bring to class: 2mm satin rattail cord in your choice of colour (minimum amount 5m). Bobbins of cord are available at the store for purchase prior to the class. clip board or macrame board Scissors Magnification, if required Of special note: the class patterns…Find out more »
Course outline: Create a fabulous pair of swing earrings with Angela Peace! Learn the basic knots, and how to use them with an armature (frame) to create a stable fiber shape. This class will focus on creating the square shape using a herring bone knotting pattern and fabricating it into a pair of swing earrings. Lots of colour options. Note: a kit is required; see details below. Skill level: Beginner Prerequisite: None; should be comfortable working with small components and…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.