Course outline: Fill your resin toolbox, with a mixed melange of techniques, that includes different colouring agents, collage, mixed media, wire and experiments with both paper and botanicals (dried leaves, feathers and flowers). Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will also demonstrate Iced Enamels and Pebeo Fantasy Paints. Beyond the basics, but designed to appeal to all levels! Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Experience with resin is an asset, but definitely not a requirement Technique: Adding botanicals, collage and mixed media techniques…Find out more »
Course outline: Use the magic of Pebeo Fantasy paints, to create unique jewellery components. Colour therapy at its finest!!! Explore applying to other surfaces, as we take a journey with this unique medium. Pigment properties, colouring and finishing techniques will be discussed. Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will demonstrate the mixing and application of Ice Resin, to finish your pendant/bezel. Think of this as an exploration of possibilities! Note: This is an oil-based product, so will need to be used in…Find out more »
Course outline: Stretch your skills, by learning some new techniques for both epoxy clay, and mixed media. Sculpt and texture clay, onto both traditional, and non-traditional objects. Use either collage, or assemblage to embellish your piece. This is the time to drag out all of those broken pieces of jewellery, and other memorabilia! What are you saving them for? Finishing options will be discussed, as your piece(s) will not be completely dry at the end of the class. Note: a…Find out more »
Course outline: Have you ever wanted to journal about something, but just couldn't find the words? Do you collect special bits and pieces for one of those some day projects? Do you want to make a framed, memory piece? Is your stash of precious items taking over your house? This class is an intuitive, visual journaling approach to bead embroidery. There are no rules! No one will make you journal, or force you to bead encrust a piece. You can…Find out more »
Course outline: Make a paper collage and resin pendant &/or brooch, using the lush colours and textures of Japanese paper, combined with hand crafted monoprints, magazine pages, and found papers. Multiple pendants will be made in the class. You will learn paper collage techniques, and how to mix and coat your pendants with Ice Resin. The instructor will also demonstrate the mono-printing process, using a Gelli Arts printing plate. A kit is required; see details below. Skill level: All levels…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.