Course outline: Have you been saving up scraps of fabrics, and embellishments? Are you interested in taking a more meditative approach to stitch? Learn to make a series of small art pieces, that include recycled items, forgotten projects, fibre, hand and bead embroidery. Finished pieces, could be used to make cards, framed, or even joined together to make a larger piece. Finishing options will be discussed. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread would be an…Find out more »
Course outline: Anne Marie Desaulniers will help you stretch your skills by beading your way out of the Peyote Stitch box! Prepare to work intuitively, while covering a wooden bead with different sizes and shapes of seed beads. Add a single freeform bead, to a simple chain, and make a statement...add a few more, for a stunning necklace! A good way to use up some of those leftover beads. Suitable for hostess gifts &/or holiday gift giving! Definitely not a…Find out more »
Course outline: Have you ever wanted to journal about something, but just couldn't find the words? Do you collect special bits and pieces for one of those some day projects? Do you want to make a framed, memory piece? Is your stash of precious items taking over your house? This class is an intuitive, visual journaling approach to bead embroidery. There are no rules! No one will make you journal, or force you to bead encrust a piece. You can…Find out more »
Course outline: Create a totally unique, multi-strand necklace, using a few simple techniques. You'll be working with stones, beads, stringing, leather, and chain, to create your one-of-a-kind piece. Other options include paper, enamel, and polymer clay beads. Simple instructions, colour, and texture are all you need! Some of the techniques may be familiar, but the instructor will be taking you in new design directions! Are you ready to play? Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: N/A Technique: Stringing, leather, chain Bring…Find out more »
Course outline: You've learned the rules, and now its time to break them! If you're interested in playful experimentation, with an intuitive approach to bead weaving, then this is the class for you! Use this design-on-the-fly approach, to make a totally unique, freeform peyote bracelet. This is a great stash buster project! Note: a kit is required; see details below. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Some knowledge of either even, or odd count peyote would be an asset. However, also…Find out more »
Course outline: This project definitely makes a statement! Learn to make a spectacular, one-of-a-kind Coral Fringe Tassel, to add punch to your beaded creations! This tassel could be used (as I have) in a long, beaded necklace, or more simply as the focal on a purse, or fibre art piece. The majority of the class time will be focused on actually making the tassel, but there will still be time to gather supplies, then discuss how to make a finished…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.