Course outline: A fast and easy, mixed media technique, for turning metal washers, into fabulous gifts! It's low-tech, easy, with a fairly inexpensive base. Metal washers are readily available, as they can be sourced from hardware stores, or even better, stolen from your husband! If you're looking for the unusual, with a huge impact, then this is the class for you! I'll teach you how to work with the paints, Alcohol Inks, Vintag Patinas and Iced Enamels, then demo how…Find out more »
Course outline: Turn a little time, into the fantasy landscape of your choice. We will be exploring needle felting, hand, and bead embroidery in this tasty little class. Working in this smaller format, takes a lot of the actual work out of making the project. Create your own magical little world, in a few short hours. You should be able to complete your project in the time allotted. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Must be able to work with wool,…Find out more »
Course outline: An exploratory journey: learning how to use this versatile new medium, while reviewing many of the experimental options available, to take your art/jewellery to the next level. Its fun, addictive, and like candy, one piece will never be enough! I will take you through the mixing, pouring, colouring, inclusion, and curing stages to help you get a better understanding of how to use this product in your work. Suitable bezels, molds, forms, wire, metalwork, and types of inclusions,…Find out more »
Course outline: Have you ever wanted to journal about something, but just couldn't find the words? Do you collect special bits and pieces for one of those some day projects? Do you want to make a framed, memory piece? Is your stash of precious items taking over your house? This class is an intuitive, visual journaling approach to bead embroidery. There are no rules! No one will make you journal, or force you to bead encrust a piece. You can…Find out more »
Course outline: This project definitely makes a statement! Learn to make a spectacular, one-of-a-kind Coral Fringe Tassel, to add punch to your beaded creations! This tassel could be used (as I have) in a long, beaded necklace, or more simply as the focal on a purse, or fibre art piece. The majority of the class time will be focused on actually making the tassel, but there will still be time to gather supplies, then discuss how to make a finished…Find out more »
Course outline: You've learned the rules, and now its time to break them! If you're interested in playful experimentation, with an intuitive approach to bead weaving, then this is the class for you! Use this design-on-the-fly approach, to make a totally unique, freeform peyote bracelet. This is a great stash buster project! Note: a kit is required; see details below. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Some knowledge of either even, or odd count peyote would be an asset. However, also…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.