Course outline: Are you ready for something that's completely out of the box? Learn something new, or utilize your existing skills in fibre-collage, hand embroidery, intuitive bead embroidery, and freeform peyote, to make a miniature piece of art! This is your chance to pull out all the stops, and create something totally unique, and spectacular! These stitched stones can be used as paperweights, dust collectors, or unusual needle keepers. Suitable for yourself, or giving as gifts (you know, for that…Find out more »
Course outline: Have you been saving up scraps of fabrics, and embellishments? Are you interested in taking a more meditative approach to stitch? Learn to make a series of small art pieces, that include recycled items, forgotten projects, fibre, hand and bead embroidery. Finished pieces, could be used to make cards, framed, or even joined together to make a larger piece. Finishing options will be discussed. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread would be an…Find out more »
Course outline: This session is a continuation of the class, held on Thursday, May 17 and intended only for those students that already took that class. Other interested students should sign up for the full class, that starts at 11:30 am. Click here to go to the full-day Stitch Bits class. You will be joining the full-day class, already in progress. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Must have taken the May 17 Stitch Bits class. Technique: Continuation of a relaxing,…Find out more »
Course outline: Has your mojo left the building? Have you run out of ideas, are stuck, not inspired, need a little help to finish your project, or start another one? What if a bunch of us got together, and supported each other on a one-to-one basis? I will be there to answer any questions, give you a jump start, and/or remind you of some of the stitches you've already forgotten. There's no shame in UFOs!? We all have them, and…Find out more »
Course outline: You've learned the rules, and now its time to break them! If you're interested in playful experimentation, with an intuitive approach to bead weaving, then this is the class for you! Use this design-on-the-fly approach, to make totally unique, freeform peyote earrings. Make them sophisticated, mysterious, flirty, or fun! Make one for every mood, to make a definite statement. Fast, easy, and a great stash buster project! Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Some knowledge of either even, or…Find out more »
Course outline: Peak flowering times are short, so why not capture the essence of the season, in this beaded format? Use a few bead and hand embroidery stitches, to create your imaginary, flower filled, beaded landscape. Include charms, chain, and dangles, for a one-of-a-kind art piece, that's sure to be the envy of your family and friends! Each necklace will be an original, and no sketching is required! Fringe & dangles - optional! Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: N/A Technique:…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.