Course outline: Fill your resin toolbox, with a mixed melange of techniques, that includes different colouring agents, collage, mixed media, wire and experiments with both paper and botanicals (dried leaves, feathers and flowers). Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will also demonstrate Iced Enamels and Pebeo Fantasy Paints. Beyond the basics, but designed to appeal to all levels! Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Experience with resin is an asset, but definitely not a requirement Technique: Adding botanicals, collage and mixed media techniques…Find out more »
Course outline: An exploratory series, focused on out-of-the-box thinking, creative techniques, exciting materials, and mini-projects. A play box full of hands on, mixed media, beading, textile, jewellery, and stitching techniques will be shared (but not all in the same session). Not intended as a class, or workshop, but rather an open sharing of information, and technique taster, for those with curious minds! The focus will be on encouraging participants to take their work to the next level! Session 7 will…Find out more »
Course outline: Ornaments are not just for trees! Learn to make these holiday ornaments, combining mixed media beads, with wire wrapping, and a variety of sparkly components. In the future, use the beads for bookmarks, purse charms, and pendants. We will be using recycled fabric, and paper for the beads, then tarting them up with embroidery floss, wire, crystals, and other beads and findings. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: None Technique: Making re-cycled, fibre based, mixed media beads. Plus learning…Find out more »
Course outline: A fast and easy mixed-media technique, for turning simple glass tiles, into fabulous gifts! A low-tech, easy project, with huge impact and minimal cost! If you're looking for quick, easy, and inexpensive, then this is the class for you! Anne Marie Desaulniers will teach you how to splash paint around, recycle images and re-purpose papers for maximum impact! Children's drawings and hand drawn sketches are also an option (but only for those interested). No experience required, and I'll…Find out more »
Course outline: Recycle a piece of history, and make a few memories, by covering, and then bead embroidering a family button, or two. The focus will be on large, shank type buttons, but smaller, and flatter buttons could be used as well. Frame them, dress up something special, or use them as closures for a favourite bead weaving piece! Definitely not machine washable, but you can buy special pins, to make them removable (for clothing purposes). A special way to…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment or a deposit is required in advance for registration.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be 18 years or older in order to be able to take any of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.