Course outline: Use the magic of Pebeo Fantasy paints, to create unique jewellery components. Colour therapy at its finest!!! Explore applying to other surfaces, as we take a journey with this unique medium. Pigment properties, colouring and finishing techniques will be discussed. Instructor Anne Marie Desaulniers will demonstrate the mixing and application of Ice Resin, to finish your pendant/bezel. Think of this as an exploration of possibilities! Note: This is an oil-based product, so will need to be used in…Find out more »
Course outline: Would you like to make a special little box to cradle your treasures? Are you interested in fibre, but just dont have the time, inclination, or equipment to sew? Do you need a place to corral your unruly, earrings and rings? Perhaps, you just like boxes, the smaller the better! The focus of this workshop with Anne Marie Desaulniers is to make a small, embellished, mixed media box, out of pre-prepared, collaged and stitched fabric backgrounds. Instructions will…Find out more »
Course outline: Anne Marie Desaulniers will help you stretch your skills by beading your way out of the Peyote Stitch box! Prepare to work intuitively, while covering a wooden bead with different sizes and shapes of seed beads. Add a single freeform bead, to a simple chain, and make a statement...add a few more, for a stunning necklace! A good way to use up some of those leftover beads. Suitable for hostess gifts &/or holiday gift giving! Definitely not a…Find out more »
Course outline: Led by Anne Marie Desaulniers, you'll learn to combine wire, headpins and beads, to create a totally unique beaded object. Start with a commercial base, and then learn a variety of techniques, to create your dimensional beaded garden. Something that's sure to make you smile, on those dull winter days! Bugs, butterflies and daydreams are optional! Note: a kit is required for the class; see details below. Skill level: All levels Prerequisite: Must be comfortable working with both…Find out more »
Course outline: Create a miniature bead embroidered seascape, and then surround it, with the metal bezel of your choice. Utilize natural materials, seed beads and intuitive bead embroidery stitches, to create a totally unique pendant. We will be working intuitively, so no drawing or sketching ability required! Skill level: Beginner to Intermediate Prerequisite: Students must be comfortable working with a needle, thread, very tiny beads, and in a small format. Technique: Bead embroidering a pendant to fill a commercial bezel…Find out more »
Course outline: Students will make, a light, easy, out-of-the-box, mixed media charm bracelet, using fibre, stitch, beads and the instructors pre-prepared, painted, collaged and stitched Inchie blanks. All hand stitching and beading, no sewing machines required. Note: a kit is required for this class; see details below. An Inchie is a 1 X 1 layered and embellished piece of art. Take a journey on the whimsical side with Anne Marie Desaulniers, by making a charm bracelet, chock full of tiny,…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment or a deposit is required in advance for registration.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be 18 years or older in order to be able to take any of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.