Course outline: Lampworker extraordinaire Astrid Riedel will guide you through the art of adding enamels to your beads and how to draw with stringers. This intermediate level class will teach when and where to head the glass when using stringers and how to pull hair-fine stringers to draw with. Astrid will also share the secrets of how to draw straight lines and curved lines with stringers. You will also learn how to 'paint' in the flame of the torch using…Find out more »
Course outline: Learn to create beads with Astrid Riedel like you've never seen! Using the Mokumegane/Battuto technique, students will create elaborate, layered and textured beads. Day 1, students will be walked through the steps to create multi layered cane, lentil shaped beads, and layering techniques using enamels and shards. Then on the second day, you'll learn to cold work, polish and add final details to your beads such as stringer, murrini and more. You won't believe what you can create…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.