Course outline: Also known as Tambour embroidery in North America, students will learn how to use the traditional tambour hook and how to load the frame. Designer Catherine Sequalino Poitier will teach you how to create the beginning stitch, the chain stitch, how to apply seed beads and sequins in a continuous line, and how to embroider beads or sequins in vermicelli. This technique can create appliques and overlays for jewellery and clothing designs. There are a lot of secrets…Find out more »
Course outline: Put your class skills to work while creating this stunning Monarch Butterfly! You'll be using Crochet de Luneville/Tambour embroidery techniques with thread, beads and sequins to create texture and design. Use the finished motif as an applique on your own T-shirt or a brooch. You'll continue your learning experience with the Monarch Butterfly Motif, Part 2 class on March 28. Pattern, silk fabric, cotton threads, beads and sequins are included in the class fee, as well as the…Find out more »
Course outline: Continue creating and learning how to complete your Monarch Butterfly! You'll be using Crochet de Luneville/Tambour embroidery techniques with thread, beads and sequins to create texture and design. Use the finished motif as an applique on your own T-shirt or a brooch. Pattern, silk fabric, cotton threads, beads and sequins are included in the class fee, as well as the use of the instructors tambour hook and frame. Skill level: Intermediate Prerequisite: Monarch Butterfly Motif, Part 1 Technique:…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.