Course outline: Put your class skills to work while creating this stunning Cardinal! You'll be using Crochet de Luneville/Tambour embroidery techniques with thread, beads and sequins to create texture and design. Use the finished motif as an applique or as a pin. Skill level: Intermediate Prerequisite: Introduction to Crochet de Luneville/Tambour Embroidery classes, Part 1 and Part 2. If you haven't taken an introductory class as yet, you can take the introductory class, part 1, on Friday, September 21 (click…Find out more »
Course outline: Designer and instructor Catherine Sequalino Poitier will lead you through the history and the basics of 'Crochet de Luneville' - the style of embroidery featured in haute couture and other high-end fashion designs. Also known as 'tambour embroidery' in North America, students will learn how to use the traditional Luneville hook and how to load the frame. You will also learn how to create the beginning stitch, the chain stitch, the barring stitch and how to apply size…Find out more »
Course outline: Continue to add to your haute couture-style of embroidery skills you learned in Part 1 of this series with designer and instructor Catherine Sequalino Poitier. Also known as 'tambour embroidery' in North America, students will use the traditional Luneville hook and frame as well as discovering how to apply weights, apply seed beads, bugle beads and sequins in continuous lines and how to apply vermicelli beads. The class fee includes the use of the use of the instructor's…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.