Course outline: Led by First Nations instructor Naomi Smith, you'll create a functional and decorative 3-D beaded Strawberry Emery influenced by a century-old Native American design. The Strawberry remains an esteemed symbol of Woodlands Native Culture. Beautiful silk and velvets make up the main body which is finely beaded using size 8/0 crystal AB seed beads, and 11/0 or 10/0 seed beads. As a way of honoring the history of this piece, antique beads will be incorporated into the design.…Find out more »
Course outline: First Nation's instructor Naomi Smith will help you create a beautifully detailed raised beaded cuff bracelet featuring an older traditional Woodlands Native motif using micro seed beads to create an intricate-looking design. This design looks wonderful worn alone or stacked with other cuffs. Width of cuff is 1/2" wide. Workshop participants will learn how to use deer hide to create a fabulous and elegant cuff closure. Traditional Native teachings will be part of the learning experience. Note: the…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.