Course outline: So you've learned even-count peyote stitch are now ready for the sister stitch: odd-count peyote or perhaps you've been intimidated by the odd-turn? Come on out and I'll remove the scariness! This is also an excellent class if you need a refresher or need to learn the stitch to take one of Jean Power's upcoming classes. This four-hour class with Pamela Kearns will begin by using large cylinder beads, giving you the chance to learn the stitch before…Find out more »
Course outline: Beading has been done on looms by several cultures and the myriad of designs reflect a wide range of customs. There are many looms to choose from, depending on what you want to do. Join Pamela Kearns to explore the various looms and their benefits - and drawbacks. We will also looks at the various ways to finish off loomwork and attach a clasp. The class will be technique driven. Handouts will include various patterns and you may…Find out more »
Course outline: The Huichol People of Mexico use beads embedded in wax to portray images for ceremonial art. Join Pamela Kearns to learn how to use this ancient, yet easy, technique. Students will learn how to apply the wax to a 3-D wood shape and apply beads to create a design. Students will also learn how to seal the beading. Note: a kit is required for this class. You'll see a variety of items that have been done using this…Find out more »
Course outline: Do you want to create jewellery for yourself but have no idea where to start? Join Pamela Kearns for this 'newbie' course and discover just how easy creating jewellery can be. Participants will be able to create up to three of pairs of earrings and a bracelet. You'll learn how to use headpins, open and close jump rings, create wrapped and simple loops, and discover how to use crimps. You'll also learn about what tools you'll need to…Find out more »
Course outline: You love seed beading! Right-angle weave, spiral rope, loom work, St. Petersburg chain, peyote - you name it, you're doing it! Problem is - you're not sure how to attach a clasp or which kind of a clasp will work best. Bring your ready-to-finish projects to this technique-based class with Pamela Kearns and, together, we'll troubleshoot finishing options (there is always more than one way to finish a project) and what style of clasp will work for the…Find out more »
Course outline: Discover how to create these delightful little components using brick stitch with Pamela Kearns! Newbies to brick stitch will love how quickly components work up. If you already know brick stitch, you'll discover the secret of starting on the outside of a bead. Either way, you'll have a substantial yet stylish bracelet. You'll also see how to create a matching pair of earrings! Written and illustrated instructions are included in the class fee as well as optional French…Find out more »
Course outline: Spiral rope is extremely versatile and variations are unlimited. In this class with Pamela Kearns, you'll learn how to do the Dot Stitch version of Spiral rope while making yourself a bracelet. This fun stitch creates clusters that resemble miniature beaded beads. Bring a variety of shaped beads that you can use; there isn't a wrong combination of beads - the possibilities are endless! You will also see examples of how you can use the same stitch to…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.