Course outline: You love seed beading! Right-angle weave, spiral rope, loom work, St. Petersburg chain, peyote - you name it, you're doing it! Problem is - you're not sure how to attach a clasp or which kind of a clasp will work best. Bring your ready-to-finish projects to this technique-based class with Pamela Kearns and, together, we'll troubleshoot finishing options (there is always more than one way to finish a project) and what style of clasp will work for the…Find out more »
Course outline: Discover how to create these delightful little components using brick stitch with Pamela Kearns! Newbies to brick stitch will love how quickly components work up. If you already know brick stitch, you'll discover the secret of starting on the outside of a bead. Either way, you'll have a substantial yet stylish bracelet. You'll also see how to create a matching pair of earrings! Written and illustrated instructions are included in the class fee as well as optional French…Find out more »
Course outline: Spiral rope is extremely versatile and variations are unlimited. In this class with Pamela Kearns, you'll learn how to do the Dot Stitch version of Spiral rope while making yourself a bracelet. This fun stitch creates clusters that resemble miniature beaded beads. Bring a variety of shaped beads that you can use; there isn't a wrong combination of beads - the possibilities are endless! You will also see examples of how you can use the same stitch to…Find out more »
Course outline: Do you want to create jewellery for yourself but have no idea where to start? Join Pamela Kearns for this 'newbie' course and discover just how easy creating jewellery can be. Participants will be able to create up to three of pairs of earrings and a bracelet. You'll learn how to use headpins, open and close jump rings, create wrapped and simple loops, and discover how to use crimps. You'll also learn about what tools you'll need to…Find out more »
Course outline: You've seen those delightful beaded beads - strips of peyote wrapped around two-hole Carrier beads. Beaded Carrier beads are then used to create bracelet and necklaces. There are lots of patterns already out there that are available for you to do. BUT - there is still more that can be done with peyote and Carrier Beads! This class with Pamela Kearns will stretch your basic peyote skills to include other ideas - including adding texture with 'stitch in…Find out more »
Course outline: In this class with Pamela Kearns, you'll create a beautiful bracelet using the new 2-hole Ginko beads plus seed beads and demi beads. Reminiscent of a garden trellis, this bracelet is easy to do and fun to wear. Skill level: This class is suitable for students of all levels. Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread is helpful. Technique: Seed beading Bring to class: Two tubes of Ginko beads One tube of size 8/0 Toho Demi beads One…Find out more »
Course outline: This intriguing flat peyote technique creates chevrons that can be as intricately decorated as you wish or left as simple colour blocks. Edge variations include a jagged edge similar to arrows or a smooth edge that creates a band. As with other boot camps, this is an technique-based class that will take you through the steps to create a piece of beadwork and how to create a self-toggle finish or with snaps. You will learn on larger beads…Find out more »
How to Register:
- You may register on-line through the form above, or by phone at (416) 751-1911, or in-person at our store.
- Payment is required in advance for registration and may be done on-line at the time of registration or in-person at the store.
- Some classes have associated kit fees, please check class details to see where applicable. Some kit fees are payable to the store, some to the instructor and may be cash only in that case.
- For some studio classes, those using fire-breathing torches and fast spinny things a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- If you need to cancel, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.