(Components list at bottom of page)
Wired Crystal Heart
by: Jennifer Tough
Here's a fun little project to try. This wired crystal heart was made using about 8 inches of sterling or artistic wire, and 29 4mm swarovski crystal bicones. I came down to the wire on this one (an hour to the deadline!) , so I will try to explain how to create this for those of you just starting out working with wire.
1) Start with about 8" of 22 or 24 gauge wire. Find and mark the midpoint by using your round nose pliers. Just give it a slight bend.
2) String 12 4mm bicones onto each side of the wire. Use your fingers to shape the wire into a heart shape.
3) At the bottom of the heart, twist the two wires together using your pliers to keep it tight.
4) Bring up one wire towards the top on each side of the heart. Choose which side will be the front, and string on 4 or 5 crystals to create the center line.
5) Using your round nose pliers, take both the front and the back wire together and create a wrapped loop.
I hope this makes sense. It's almost midnight, and I promise to make a little tutorial with step by step pictures before next week!
Clicking on components links will open a new window so that you don't lose this page.
| 74701011-10 Artistic Wire - 22 gauge Round Wire - Tinned Copper (Spool)|
(You can substitute with dead soft sterling in either 22 or 24 gauge. Around 8 inches needed per heart.)
|Price: $ 5.76|
| 27753011691502 Swarovski Bead - 4 mm Faceted Bicone (5301/5328) - Fuchsia Satin (36)|
(I used 29 beads for my heart.)
|Price: $ 6.75|
|Home Page||Main Bead Listing||Read our Blog||Email us a question||FAQs||Stay Informed
(join our mailing list)
|Tollfree +1.877.473.BEAD (2323) | +1.416.751.1911|
|Copyright 2017 - BeadFX 2012. All rights reserved|
Your card will be charged in your usual currency based on the rate offered to you by your credit card company.